5th April 2020 – Evening Service
We will be meeting together using Zoom for a live service. We will be singing together, hearing from God’s word, and spending some time sharing and praying in smaller groups. If you are able, it would be great to see you there. Login at 5.50 PM to start at 6 PM.
Zoom is free to use on either a laptop or smartphone. The details you will need to access this meeting are:
Webinar ID: 656 640 726
5th April 2020 – Morning Service
Whilst we are unable to meet together we are encouraging one another to lead a service in their homes each Sunday. The resources below provide a structure for you to do that, whether you gather as a family or are on your own.
1 – Watch the introduction video from Pastor Matthew
2 – Sing
Choose a few songs from the SRM Playlist below to sing. The first few songs have been specifically chosen to fit with this morning’s message. If you have children under the age of 11 with you, you might also want to choose some songs from the SRM Kids Playlist below. Try and sing out loud rather than just watch the videos – we may be in lockdown but the Lord is still worthy of our praise!
Playlist – Church Worship
Playlist – Kids Church – 5-11’s
Playlist – Mini Kids – Under 5’s
3 – Listen
The main sermon is recorded below for you to watch. If you are meeting with young children (5-11), you may want to use the children’s video Pastor Lucas has recorded (there are also some resources at the bottom of this page you could use with your children). You could then let the kids play whilst you listen to the main sermon, or spend some time listening to the main sermon later once the children are in bed.
4 – Pray / Reflect
Spend some time in prayer, starting by responding to God’s word to us. You could begin by listening to this song as a way of reflecting on what we’ve just heard.
5 – Fellowship (Zoom)
One of the things we miss in not being able to meet together is the conversations we enjoy over tea and coffee after the service. This Sunday we’ll be having “Tea & Coffee” over zoom (12 -12.40pm). Look forward to seeing you there – you’ll have to bring your own cup of tea / coffee with you!
Topic: “Tea & Coffee”
Time: April 5th, 2020 12:00 PM London
Meeting ID: 173 126 445
Discuss / Reflect
Below are some follow-up questions from both messages above. You might want to use these straight away to think through what you’ve heard, or you could use them later in the week in your growth groups on zoom.
- How does the coronavirus crisis reveal the bigger problem of sin?
- How have you seen your own sin spill out under the pressure of the last few weeks?
- As you read 1 Peter 2:22-25
- What do you find most remarkable about the way Jesus responded to the pressure he faced?
- How do these verses help you appreciate what Jesus has done at the cross?
- What will it look like to live in grace over the coming weeks?
- How could you share the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection with those around you as we approach Easter?
- GOD created the world perfect, what came into the world that made it not perfect anymore?
- What happened to all the sin in the world? Who took it away?
- How can Jesus take away sin from our lives?
- Have you asked Jesus to come into your life and take away your sins?
Here is the video Tony Brown made for us to share with others:
Download for iPhone / iPad
Download for Android